Sunshine Coast Health Centre (SCHC) and Georgia Strait Women’s Clinic (GSWC) are ever-growing organizations currently with 34 inpatient beds for men and 10 for women receiving treatment for addictions, mental health, and trauma. SCHC/GSWC values being a part of a growing wave of progressive, inclusive, and pioneering employers and mental health facilities that prioritize the care of their clients and staff. The organization is also licensed under the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, accredited under Accreditation Canada, a Certified B Corp, and recently voted Best 2023 Employer by the Powell River Chamber of Commerce.
At SCHC/GSWC, we offer individualized treatment and care for our clients, knowing each of them is unique and different from the other. We believe the same about our staff and that is the greatest strength they bring. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and to creating a diverse environment that includes everyone.
We are currently looking for a Vancouver-based individual to support our clients in transfers and layovers to and from YVR and YVR South Terminal, which serves Powell River. Clients arrive and depart throughout the week and on weekends and can catch any of Pacific Coastal’s 4-5 flights to/from Powell River each day. On average, travel support is needed for around 2-3 clients each week (5+ on busy weeks).
- Meet and greet clients at arrivals terminal (international or domestic)
- Assist clients with their needs when they arrive at YVR
- Transport clients to south terminal YVR prior to flight before check-in deadline
- Provide support for clients in need or those who have long layovers
- Take clients for coffee or meal if desired by client and time allows
- Follow ICBC regulations and rules while operating company vehicle
- Maintain professional and approachable appearance/attire
- Own vehicle and insurance
- Current First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Excellent phone and electronic communication with clients and co-workers
- Ability to manage time and calendar
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets (google sheets) via computer or mobile device
- Experience in counselling/coaching field (an asset)
- Flexibility and accountability
$150/first pick up, $50 for each additional pick up in that day.